Posted by Floppie on 2009-05-26
Posted in Science/Math • StumbleUpon | Tagged With: prime numbers, riemann, Science/Math, StumbleUpon, zeta |
Prime Time – Mathematicians have tried in vain to this day to discover some order in the sequence of prime numbers…
This is a pretty interesting article about Riemann’s zeta function and its relation to prime numbers. There’s a mathematician in France, named Alain Connes, who’s currently on a mission to prove Riemann’s hypothesis by relating it to quantum mechanics – and it looks like he might be on the right track.
Posted by Floppie on 2009-05-15
Posted in Music • Shenanigans • StumbleUpon | Tagged With: Link, Music, Shenanigans, slayer, StumbleUpon |
National Day of Slayer
International Day of Slayer
On June 6th, Hessians worldwide come together to do something upon which we can all agree – listening to Slayer! Finally, one of the most dismissed cultural groups in the world has a holiday to call its own. Join us in our cause to stand unified in our celebration of metal music and let us prove to the rest of society that we too have a voice.
Who is Slayer
Slayer is a band from California. Their music has come to epitomize Satanic speed metal music in the latter half of the 20th century. Their 1986 album, “Reign in Blood” is one of the single most influential metal albums of all time, typified by the modern classic “Angel of Death”.
How to Celebrate
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
- Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.
DO NOT use headphones! The objective of this day is for everyone within earshot to understand that it is the National Day of Slayer. National holidays in America aren’t just about celebrating; they’re about forcing it upon non-participants.
Taking that participation to a problematic level
- Stage a “Slay-out.” Don’t go to work. Listen to Slayer.
- Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.
- Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.
- Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).
- Kill the neighbor’s dog and blame it on Slayer
This sounds pretty win. I think I know what I’m doing on June 6.